Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Maybelline Dream Mousse Bronzer in Sun Glow

On one of my Target trips, I picked up Maybelline's Dream Mousse Bronzer in shade 20-Sun Glow.



Maybelline Dream Mousse Bronzer in Sun Glow

I love the super soft texture and the light as air feel of it but I'm a little uncertain about how much use I'm going to get out of this bronzer. If you grab a gob of it and blend it out like I did in the swatch, it looks dark but it blends out really well. So well, in fact, that if I just pat on a few spots on my cheekbone and blend, most of the color disappears. It's good as a highlighter but that's pretty much it. I've tried to use it like I would every other bronzer, on the perimeter of the face, for contouring, and on the nose but there's a serious lack of bronzing effect here. It's sheer and shimmery.

For the price I paid (about $2), I'm willing to experiment with it and see if I can make it work. I've heard of people using it as a cream shadow or body shimmer. It seems to work better on cheeks for me, if I used a stain underneath so I get some color and this provides a golden shimmer. I tried it on my arm just to show you the effect. I used a bright pink stain and then applied the bronzer on top. You get pink and a smattering of glittery gold.


Maybelline Dream Mouse Bronzer in Sun Glow over Pink Cheek Stain

If you're looking for a good quality cream bronzer, skip the Maybelline and head for a department store. Try a few brands. I imagine the result would be much better than what this bronzer could ever do.

No comments:

Post a Comment